It's baseball season, and also time for our second blog tour! This time around, follow Betsy's Day at the Game (pub date: April 9) as it tours its way around the web.
For those of you not familiar with the newest book from Scarletta Kids, Betsy's Day at the Game is the heartwarming story about family traditions and America's favorite pastime. Betsy loves spending time with her grandfather, especially at the ballpark. Today is another game day, and she is ready to show her grandpa all that she has learned about keeping score. Betsy can keep track of it all--foul balls, home runs, and favorite players--but more exciting things are about to happen at today's game than just what's on her scorecard. The book even includes a full scorecard (with more available online). As John Coy, author of Top of the Order and the 4 for 4 series said, "This book celebrates the ways baseball is passed down through generations. Young fans will connect with Betsy and also learn how to keep score." For parents, grandparents, and especially baseball lovers, what could be better?
We have some great stuff planned for the tour, so be sure to check back each day for updated links. And if you follow our social media accounts, we'll also be posting the stops there. Here's a preview of what's to come:
Wednesday, April 10
- Kick off the tour right here with a guest post from Greg. Are you an aspiring writer? Greg lists "10 Things I Didn't Know Until I Published My First Book."
- Greg chats with fellow writer Kurtis Scaletta about baseball, keeping score, the book, and much more.
- Teach with Picture Books will be posting a review and also the first giveaway of the tour!
- For all of you who haven't gotten a chance to read the book yet, Kid Lit Reviews will be posting an excerpt.
- There's a Book will tell us what they thought of Betsy's Day at the Game and give you another chance to win a free copy of the book.
- Teacher Colby Sharp (Sharpread) will have his 4th grade class interview Greg.
- Head back to Kid Lit Reviews to hear their opinion on the book.
- Wendy Lawrence over at The Family That Reads Together will be featuring the book and having a giveaway.
- And finally, end the tour with a stop at Chat With Vera. She will be posting the last review and also the final giveaway of the tour.